Monday, December 20, 2010

This is what love looks like.

When I learned that I was accepted to study Human Development and Food Security in Rome I was both very excited and also a bit nervous. How could I continue running the organization while so far away? Well the answer was right in front of me the whole time. My very good friends Hilary and Miranda stepped up without being asked and volunteered to help me with the work load. I have to say that I have been so overwhelmed with their kindness, I have no idea how I will ever repay them.

The Themba Development Project is staffed entirely by volunteers, the reason for this is that we are so blessed in life and we want to ensure that every penny makes it to Thembalethu and Nqiningana. That said, it is amazing how ordinary people are willing to give up so much of their precious time to help people on the other side of the world that they have never met. Without the helps of my friends and loved ones there is no way that we would have been so successful. A special thank you to all of you who have helped me to make this organization so successful, and that includes my mother who has been incredibly helpful with the accounting needs of the organization.

There are no words big enough to properly thank all of you, but please know that if I ever win the lottery you will be top of my list of people to share with xoxox.




Hilary and Miranda at the Seaport Market. Due to their hard work the
2010 Christmas Card Campaign has been the most successful year to date.


They created such a beautiful display, including hand made
neckalaces from the ladies in Thembalethu.

Hand-made Christmas cards made by Hilary and Miranda.
Thank you for all your hard work ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment