Saturday, June 12, 2010

The World Cup from the inside!

I have decided that there is nothing more exhilarating in life than watching a World Cup game live. Last night Gcinisizwe and I had the opportunity to watch the France vs Uruguay match and let me tell you, it was AMAZING! The Green Point Stadium in Cape Town is beautiful and the place was packed full to the brim! Everyone was in wonderful spirits and the staff were organized, patient and friendly.

Ok, so we are just a tad excited! At least 6 times we looked at each other and yelled "WE ARE AT THE WORLD CUP!!!!!" Ha ha ha, what a dream come true.
The France and Uruguay flags being presented to the crowd.

The opening kick!

"We want peace in the World"

Even at a France-Uruguay match people are flying South Africa flags ha ha, there is a HUGE amount of national pride here.


The crappiest job at the World Cup, security on the field. Can you imagine being 10 feet from the field at the World Cup and having to sit there with your back to the field the entire time, eek!!


Now let me tell you, during my visit to the Green Point Stadium I was mugged, the robber did not have a gun or knife, but instead held me hostage until I forked over my hard earned money in exchange for a crappy AMERICAN beer. Please do not judge me but yes, I paid R30 for ONE beer!!!! Normally beer is R10!!!! And I would also like to know why South Africa has such fabulous local beers and I am sitting here drinking crappy watery Ammerican beer, come on people!!!

*****************************************

Videos from the World Cup
_________________________________________




1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOogJaN3BKY  A view from the top of Green Point Stadium!

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkR_9whM-uo Watch a gigantic wave of people, ha ha, so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment