Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My funny story of perception

Now matter how well traveled you are there is always a period of adjustment when traveling to other countries. One of these adjustments comes by way of the furniture. At home we sit on comfy cosy sofa's with their soft pillows, we recline back, put our feet up and watch television or read a book. Here at my home in Thembalethu however things are a little different, we get to fight over hand-made wooden benches, overturned plastic buckets and the infamous chair....

Last week I actually said out loud "Oh wow, the comfy chair is free!" It was at this moment that I realized just how much my perceptions have really changed. You see, the comfy chair in this house was in fact collected on the job one day. Gcinisizwe on one day worked for a man who wanted him to clean up the property and then take the garbage to the city dump. When he arrived at the dump he noticed a plastic lawn chair, amazed that is had not been claimed he grabbed it and took it home. Yes, our comfy chair here was found at the dump. Ha ha ha ha, it is now that I start laughing, I find this really funny. But this magical chair, when compared to our overturned plastic buckets and wooden benches, well, it truly is the comfy chair. Ha ha ha ha

I present to you, the comfy chair......

Ha ha ha






1 comment:

  1. Sweety, some of the most usefull and magical things we've found for our home have come from sifting through the streets on garbage day. It makes me so happy to know that, although our projects are very different and very far apart, we're still so close!!!! :) I love you Catherine!

    Hil

    ReplyDelete